Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Autochair, the leading manufacturer of vehicle adaptions in the UK and a market leader in Europe currently have an exceptional opportunity for a highly skilled Design Engineer who is fully conversant with all aspects of Solidworks 3D CAD to work with our Engineering team.
With 30+ years of innovative product design and manufacturing experience, our facility in Derbyshire is ISO9001 accredited and adopts world-class manufacturing techniques!
We have ambitious growth plans, to be realised through the continuous improvement and development of existing products, and the design and introduction of new innovative products, to satisfy worldwide demand.
The role - Design Engineer:
This exciting and challenging role provides a unique opportunity for a Design Engineer who enjoys challenge, is innovative and self motivated, with a drive to succeed. Our creative environment results in almost all of our new products enjoying patent protection and our designers being registered as inventors in this highly specialised and niche field.
This Design Engineer role will involve the following duties:
- Create product specifications, project plans and detailed designs.
- Select the optimum materials and manufacturing methods to meet constraints on budget and product performance.
- Validate and verify designs by prototyping, testing and first batch manufacture
- Ensure products meet appropriate safety and performance standards for CE marking
- Ability to focus and drive projects to conclusion across multiple disciplines to time and cost constraints.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering background.
- Degree or equivalent Qualifications in Product Design / Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- Strong experience in the design and development of mechanical structures and mechanisms.
- Be fully conversant with all aspects of Solidworks 3D CAD - Project Evidence Required.
- Experienced in the development and introduction of New Products to satisfy demanding end user considerations.
- Computer Literate with the ability to work unaided.
- Understanding of principles of design for manufacture and design for assembly
- Excellent command of the English Language (Both written and spoken)
Candidates with Extensive experience in Product Design with a mechanical bias would be considered.
If you have the relevant skills and qualifications to excel in this role and take the Supply Function forward, please submit your CV for consideration in the first instance.