Software Developer in Test
A new opportunity has arisen within Experian Consumer Services Technology for a Software Developer in Test. This is an exciting role in our development team creating and supporting solutions for our consumer-facing services. We are passionate about quality and technology, and this role is key to our delivery of great products to our customers.
- Strong experience of QA, test concepts, best practice and technology.
- Appreciation of the importance and implementation of the "test pyramid" and the different activities involved.
- Experience with test automation frameworks - especially with a Java/Cucumber stack (highly desirable).
- Ideally software development experience in Java and/or C#.
- Ideally experience with the automation of test data management.
- Ideally experience of writing unit tests, making use of mocking and assertion frameworks.
- Knowledge of development and deployment tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker, IntelliJ
- Excellent knowledge of Agile development methodologies and development processes: SCRUM, TDD, CI, CD.
- Ideally knowledge or experience of Amazon Web Services or similar cloud-based architecture.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills - able to explain and take ownership of quality deliverables.
- Be passionate about building solutions adhering to the highest technical standards and focused on delivering value to our customers.
- Enjoy working with a team in a challenging environment where you succeed or fail together and continually push each other to improve.
- Be an active participant in the procedural and social evolution of our team; look for opportunities to add value, to bring the team together and champion improvements to our way of working.
- Have an interest in the emerging technical landscape, keeping up to date with changes in industry and technology and appreciate the bearing these may have on our products.
- Have a strong will to shift validation and verification left, long before any code is written.
- Employ a pragmatic approach in identifying test automation candidates.
- Ideally a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar technical discipline; however commensurate industry and technical experience are acceptable.