Partnerships Committee Officer - Staines and Addlestone
£33,332 per annum for 36 hours per week based out of two locations;
- Spelthorne area - Spelthorne Borough Council, Knowle Green, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 1XA
- Runnymede area - Runnymede Borough Council, Station Road, Addlestone, KT15 2AH
This position is for a 12 month fixed term contract.
Flexible working supported where possible, laptop and mobile supplied. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
This post has been designated as a politically restricted post in accordance with the Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
About the Role
We are looking for a person with high level facilitation skills and political sensitivity to deliver the Local and Joint Committees between Surrey County Council and Borough Councils in North Surrey.
The Partnership Committee Officer post is a challenging and varied post. You will work closely with elected councillors to deliver improved services for residents. A high level of partnership skills are key to the role and you will develop good local working relationships with partners in North Surrey. Being an excellent communicator you will work to promote wider engagement opportunities with local residents, business and partners.
As the main point of contact for councillors, you will be responsible for providing procedural advice and the effective operation of committees. For this you will need to have an understanding of the Councils constitution and working practises and experience of working with elected Councillors and in a multi-agency context.
The post is based in Runnymede and Spelthorne but there is a need to work flexibly across the County and you will need to be willing to travel within Surrey to attend meetings and events.
We are looking for someone who;
- has experience of working with elected members and committee experience
- has highly developed networking and interpersonal skills with experience of working partners in a multi-agency context
- direct experience of engaging with residents
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 11 February 2018.
Interviews will take place on the 19th February at Quadrant Court
It is possible that similar roles will become available at other locations in Surrey in the future.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
The values below will be crucial in delivering our corporate strategy, and are what we draw on to make a difference for Surrey residents.
- Listen - We actively listen to others and expect to be listened to.
- Responsibility - We take responsibility in all that we do at work.
- Trust - We work to inspire trust and we trust in others.
- Respect - We are supportive and inclusive and committed to learning from others.
Our behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Be customer focussed - We put the customer at the heart of our work and take responsibility to uphold the customer promise in all that we do.
- Work as one team - We collaborate with and involve our partners, customers and colleagues, and build strong and lasting relationships based on listening, trust and mutual respect.
- Make things happen - We plan and deliver our work on time and effectively, making sure we understand the needs and priorities and considering all our options and risks.
- Communicate with purpose - We communicate clearly to all our stakeholders, making sure that we listen, understand and inform in the process.
- Be the best we can be - We embrace the need for change and innovation, taking responsibility to improve our services and processes in the right way.
- Develop ourselves and others - We learn continually, we seek feedback about our own performance and support others to learn.