Category Manager - Audio/Power Mobile Accessories
Imagine working with the largest and most-loved brands in wireless. Exciting? Yes. But even more, you'll be helping people across the globe gain more access to more mobile device technology-with a better user experience, and getting the most value out of their devices.
Our client, distributes mobile phones and other devices, serving more than 200 carriers, 40,000+ retailers, and 15,000+ enterprise customers in more than 100 countries. It provides specialised global wireless distribution and services, serving mobile device manufacturers, wireless operators and retailers.
I'm looking for Buyer looking for an opportunity to progress their career. You will be responsible for managing the relationship with vendors, build business plans with each brand with targets and underpin actions and activities and translating the Global/Regional product strategy into the UK Market.
Create plans by category and vendor - with targets and underpinned by actions/activities
Input in to regional/global briefs to ensure an optimised portfolio
Build and regularly review the core range for accessories for the UK business
Conduct regular market reviews to ensure we have a competitive range and a strong roadmap - ranging trends, blogs, vendor meetings
Analyse local market trends - brands, own brands, new product categories. Using insight, market data and sales performance data
Ensure strong vendor relationship management occurs - key stakeholder and first point of contact
Analyse vendor performance - sales, profit, GP %, returns, terms in order to maximise the profitability within the business
Support sales teams with customer presentations
Carefully manage product obsolescence in cooperation with sales
Responsible for vendor set up and creation
Ensure all product setup details are acquired and complete
Manage sample process to support sales activities
As a Buyer with a retail background you will have:
- Strong Relationship Management
- Effective internal Stakeholder management at all levels
- Ability to identify opportunities through analysis/effective questioning/customer briefs and create in to solutions
- Highly organised and efficient, capability to handle and process multiple information sources and provide summaries that inform/lead to briefs/actions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good commercial acumen with the ability to identify profit opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to identify margin and revenue opportunities
- Focused on achieving goals whilst bringing relevant members of the team along with them
- Solutions architect not just a problem finder
- Winning mentality to beat the competition - passion for success, overachieving rather than just delivering
A competitive salary package up to £50,000, including additional company benefits.