Tooling Team Coordinator - Job Description
1. To manage a team of tool Technicians. To allocate work and monitor performance of the team.
2. Communicate with the tech co-ordinator; highlight any issues you may have at the start of the shift. Make sure tool fits are completed In line with the setup time stated on the plan, downtime must be kept to a minimum.
3. Provide clear and strong leadership, always set the standard so people working for you will follow, people will always look at you and your standards.
4. Organise your team, maximise efficiency and brief the team on any changes.
5. Manage all tooling condition, tool storage areas, tool history and tooling records
6. Manage all tooling systems and keep them updated
7. Arrange and provide cover for holidays and absence
8. Coordinate with the tech team supervisor to oversee set ups of all new tools to ensure compliance of your team with the standards
9. You will need to be self-motivated, creative and have very good judgement to be successful in this role and above all you must be positive with an enthusiastic approach to problem solving.
10. Reviews the operations plan and ensure you highlight all issues in advance and ensure you team follow the instructions.
11. Monitor the use of equipment and ensure tool fitters always have what they need to complete their job e.g. Nuts, bolts, copper pipe, tools etc.
1. Record any maintenance requests on the maintenance work schedule placed in the common Drive, review these and sign them off when completed.
2. Review all tool fitter job sheets and information so we can monitor shift activities and results.
3. Complete improvements and keep a record of all the departments results on a monthly basis
4. Supply monthly results showing the teams achievements and areas to be improved
5. Assist with Tool fitting & Tool prep operations including gun maintenance etc.
6. Complete tool repairs & tool servicing programs.
7. Follow the production plan for all information and organise the team to cope with any special requests or trial runs.
8. Maintain all department work instructions and displayed work flows.
9. Record attendance and overtime
10. To monitor set up concerns and trace issues back to the root cause to eradicate the problems.
11. Improve tool prep procedures and tool fitting to assist with quality set up.
1. Control Tooling areas and encourage improvements from the team.
2. Report all issues to the correct person and by using the correct systems and paperwork.
3. Make sure that all people are informed about their personnel performances, good or bad.
4. Record all personnel issues and record any training people receive, it is important to record every issue and let people know when you are doing this as when disciplinary arrives you may need evidence.
5. You will need to carryout disciplinary action with the support of your manager when issues arise.
6. Make sure your Team communicates issues and works together as effectively as possible, you must have a strong unit to be able to perform all tasks.
1. You will need to Carryout Employee appraisals at the relevant time.
2. All new starters must complete training programs and be assessed on every job; you will need to carryout competence tests to prove that they understand what to do.
3. Maintain training records, skills matrixes, job descriptions for all areas, training packs and competency tests etc.
4. Carryout assessments on how people are working by using the forms provided and give feedback.
1. Make sure all 5's procedures are being followed as poor housekeeping reflects poor organisation and poor leadership skills.
Health & Safety
1. Adhere to all Health and Safety Rules of the Plant
Covering a 3 shift system of 06:00-14:00, 14:00-22:00 & 22:00-06:00