Are you an experienced driver?
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
We are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
We are recruiting for Full Time &Part Time Drivers based in Salisbury, covering Wiltshire to work 37.5 hours per week or 22.5 hours per week. There is a possibility for overtime. Salary: £8.45 per hour.
Closing Date: Monday 19th February 2018.
Applicants must have a clean driving licence (max 3 points). Good customer service skills and ability to be flexible in working hours are essential. Experience of furniture removal is highly desirable. The position will require someone who is physically fit and able to move heavy items of furniture.
The Van Driver is responsible for the collection of donated stock from donor's houses and safely transporting it to a central warehouse or our shops. The Driver will also be responsible for the safe delivery of sold items to customer's premises. This position will require someone who is physically fit and able to move heavy items of furniture. The person will carry out many duties during the day and the position will involve working with volunteers.
- Driving Duties in support of our projects.
- Collecting and delivering furniture and other goods including shop deliveries.
- Transporting equipment/material and personnel for our events.
- A wide range of tasks in general support.
- Managing the vehicle tasking process and sorting out priorities with shop managers and admin staff.
- Reporting any vehicle maintenance issues & overall responsibility when driving the Charity's vehicle:
- Daily servicing, safety & damage checks, and refuelling as required;
- Keeping the vehicle clean and tidy;
- Ensuring the vehicle is correctly loaded and restrained;
- Maintaining the vehicle tasking sheets;
- The correct use and accounting of the fuel card.
Supporting the shops by:
- Applying the acceptance criteria for donated stock, particularly furniture, and not accepting goods that are unacceptable for sale.
- Delivering furniture to customers' premises to the point of use, assisted by (volunteer) staff as required.
- Customer Gift Aid recording.
- Supporting our events by collecting goods or equipment, loading, unloading and acting as an assistant during the event.
- Supporting our administration with a wide range of driving and practical tasks.
- Liaising with customers and supporters to promote the work of the Charity.
- Other duties as directed by line manager.
Driver | Driving | Van Driver | Part Time Driver | Furniture Removals | Customer Service
- Full driving licence with no more than 3 points on it.
- Committed team player prepared to underpin the team.
- Ability to drive on country and city roads, with map reading and route planning skills.
- Organisational Skills.
- An understanding of the skills required to safely deliver furniture to premises with access difficulties.
- A good understanding of numeracy and literacy.
- Good communication and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems and issues, with good negotiating skills.
- Ability to work without supervision and take the lead.
- Experience of loading, stowing and transporting goods safely.
- Ability and fit to lift and carry.
- Support the Mission, Vision, Values and Christian ethos in a responsible and positive way on all occasions.
- Sense of Humour.
- Appropriate Health and Safety including lifting.
- Induction programme.
- Vehicle loading and restraint.
About Our Company:
We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently. All money raised helps to support our valuable work.
Winners of Investors in People Award and also accredited as a Living Wage, Two Ticks and Mindful Employer.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.