Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Job Title: Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist
Salary: £36K - £45K
My client is currently seeking an experienced Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist to join an established team in Glasgow.
The successful candidate will be managing and delivering earthworks projects and geotechnical structures including tunnel refurbishments and retaining walls. Candidates with experience in the rail sector is highly desirable. Current PTS, possibly IRATA roped access qualified, and with a thorough understanding of the Network Rail design processes and deliverables would be a distinct advantage.
You will have a thorough understanding of engineering geological and geotechnical issues for a wide range of project scenarios, likely to include:
1. Desk Studies
2. Site Investigation
3. Interpretative Reporting
4. Slope Stability
7. Rock Engineering
9. Ground Improvement
10. Good report writing and communication skills.
11. You will be expected to manage and mentor more junior team members.
12. Good commercial awareness.
13. The use of specialist software applications is a distinct advantage.
14. Driving licence required.
15. An understanding of environmental and contamination issues would be useful but not essential.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
1. A good first degree in Civil Engineering or Geology is required.
2. An MSc in Geotechnics or Engineering Geology or a related subject would be useful but is not essential.
3. Chartered or near chartered required
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.