Service Delivery Engineer - London - Up to £55,000
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Delivery Engineer with strong technical skills of enterprise software and infrastructure to join an award winning, pioneering international Managed Service Provider based in London.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who enjoys taking a hands-on approach to resolving technical issues in a fast paced, vibrant environment full of talented and skilled engineers.
My client is a specialist in areas including: Cloud/Web Applications/Security/Network.The role and responsibilities of the Service Delivery Engineer
The Service Delivery Engineer will be joining the Operations team and will be primarily responsible for providing next level support and customer assistance.
- Configuration and deployment of applications
- Taking a hands-on approach to resolving complex technical issues
- Creating new processes and tools which will enable new services to be launched
- Improving existing services
- Scripting when needed
- Proven experience working in a similar technical support role within a SaaS or IT industry
- Proven experience working with large scale Linux system (1000+ servers) - this includes, installation, deployment etc.
- Proven experience and knowledge of: TCP/IP, various protocols (HTTP/HTTPS/RTMP), DNS, load balancing, etc.
- Strong scripting skills : Bash, Python, Perl etc
- Solid understanding of computer networks, enterprise infrastructure and software and Internet protocols
- Proven experience with cache servers / proxy servers (Apache Traffic Server, HAProxy, Nginx, Squid, Varnish etc.)
- Proven experience of deployment and troubleshooting
- Self-motivated - able to work un-aided
- Desire and passion for providing outstanding customer service
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 (+ benefits)
If this Service Delivery Engineer role sounds interesting, send in your CV.