Senior Materials Controller
New Year; new job? Our client is offering a challenging position which, alongside further prospects in a growing organisation, allows real autonomy to develop a function.
Our client, based in Sheffield and easily accessed from Doncaster, have experienced huge investment over the last 2 years. Alongside increased sales of existing products across the world there are many projects planned for NPD and further expansion of their range. Our client has a significant proportion of the market share with their products and are unrivalled for quality and product consistency through their UK manufacturing site.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Building on existing relationships with suppliers to ensure material arrives to factory OTIF
- Managing order books and challenging any problems likely to arise in good time
- Working alongside other materials controllers and the projects teams
- Reacting to changing schedules and reducing the risk of material shortages
- Working with SAP and excel to keep trackers up to date
- Providing cover for the Purchasing Manager in their absence.
The successful candidate for this position of Senior Materials Controller will ideally have:
- Worked in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environment
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing ability with internal and external stakeholders
- Worked with suppliers in the Far East and appreciate the challenges with long lead times.
- Good computer literacy - MRP / Excel
- The desire to take on a challenging position.
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits