Wiggle inspires everybody, everywhere, everyday; to experience the joy of sport. Wiggle is an online retailer of Cycle, Run, Swim, Triathlon & Outdoor product, in over 100 countries. With offices in Portsmouth (UK), Wolverhampton (UK), Taipei (ROC) and Sydney (AUS), Wiggle are a truly global company; with multi-language websites, customer services, and free worldwide delivery.
Being active in the great outdoors is a great way to get people together, create a sense of fulfilment and enjoy life. Wiggle's aim is to give as many people as possible the choice to access-cycling and tri-sports; to experience aforementioned benefits for themselves. Wiggle's staff live the brand. Being cyclists, runners, swimmers and outdoor enthusiasts; they share a love of sport.
Wiggle's is recruiting an experienced UX Designer to join the team based in Portsmouth. As the UX designer you will be responsible for developing the user experience of the Wiggle website across all customer contact points. You will define the usability and interaction strategy; proposing solutions that promote user needs but that take into account business goals and technical capabilities.
UX Designer key role responsibilities:
- Liaise with product owners, business stakeholders, and researchers to understand business data and needs, all the while being a champion for our users
- Work alongside a front-end design team and IT teams either internal or remotely located to develop new functionality
- Reporting to the UX & UI Design Manager, you may be required to lead and mentor junior UX practitioners as the team grows
- Develop a customer-focused strategy to tackle the user requirements that arise from both large projects and smaller day-to-day work. You will be integrating with an Agile IT workflow and will employ data from a variety of qualitative and quantitative sources
- Employ creative, problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into interaction and design solutions
- Produce and present a range of deliverables including wireframes, prototypes, user journeys and usability reviews
- Work with stakeholders to ensure buy-in and that all business priorities have been considered. Communicate at all levels the scope of changes and ensure there is a forum for feedback
Working with the Customer Insight and eCommerce teams, support a program of continuous research and improvement
- Work closely with the front end design team to ensure the HTML / CSS assets are in line with the UX wireframes and support modern accessibility standards
- Liaise with (internal) international teams to ensure the customer experience is optimised locally
UX Designer key role requirements:
- 4+ years previous UX or User Interface Design
- Proficient in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq etc.
- Front-end coding knowledge to support working prototypes, HTML / CSS / SASS
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Device-agnostic approach to design
- Solid understanding of UX best practice and web standards
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, strong negotiator and able team leader, comfortable communicating at all levels. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity or for further information about the role contact Ajay Hayre at or call on +44 (0). All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters.