Graduate English Teacher
Chase Resourcing are delighted to announce that we are recruiting an English Graduate Teacher for one of our major clients based in the U.A.E
Job Statement for the English Graduate Teacher role include:
- To promote a positive teaching and learning environment in Ministry of Education (MoE) schools across the Emirates.
- To raise the levels of English language proficiency across all MoE schools.
- To ensure successful implementation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
- To participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
- To support a school-wide reform by participating in and organising professional development sessions such as: peer-observations, model lessons, professional development workshops and any other activities that promote effective teaching and learning.
Job Specifications for the English Graduate Role :
- Deliver the curriculum according to 21st century teaching and learning principles.
- Model and support a learner-centred, hands-on classroom environment that promotes learner engagement and participation.
- Ensure that students reach the expected age-related outcomes for English.
- Gain an understanding of working with Arab youth who will learn English as a second language.
- Create a positive, active, language-rich learning environment.
- Support the learning process by identifying needs and guiding students to achieve their learning objectives.
- Ensure assessments are delivered according to the assessment strategy and guidelines, in a valid and rigorous manner.
- Maintain an accurate record of student achievement and performance.
- Create positive and effective relationships with colleagues
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Languages or Linguistics
- Excellent oral and written English is essential. The following are acceptable
- IELTS 7 Academic / 7.5 General (with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill)
- Cambridge CAE (C1)
- Cambridge CPE (C2)
- EmSAT minimum of 1625
Other Necessary functions include of the English Graduate Teacher role include:
- Work extra hours to provide extra-curricular activities
- Travel as required to events, training and provide cover away from their school
- Be smart and present a positive image of themselves and the English Department at all times
- Integrate with colleagues from different cultures
- Perform all aspects of their role with an understanding of the wider strategy
- Plan effectively and manage their workload
- Operate in arduous weather conditions (hot)
- Gain the confidence and respect of Emirati personnel at all levels