Product Development Coordinator
Reporting to the Associate Director - Product Development, the successful candidate will work hand in hand with the
design, merchandising, production, sales and marketing teams so an understanding of cross-functional dependencies
is essential. You will need to have a high attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a busy and fast paced work
A leading Luxury fashion business
- Support the development of each collection according to an official seasonal calendar, from inception to
- production handover.
- Ownership of the showroom samples order deadlines, troubleshooting any potential issues to achieve desired
- delivery dates.
- Drive the seasonal end to end product development process optimising the coordination among key
- stakeholders in product development, design and with external vendors (components and finished product).
- Act as a key point of contact with vendors.
- Ownership of product updates to the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system including bill of
- materials, costing etc.
- Create and update all relevant PD documents, sharing with the team and the suppliers as necessary.
- Responsible of updating the Product Development Budget Tracker for the specific categories the role is
- responsible for.
- Responsible for handing over the final tech pack to vendors and production at the completion of each
- Review and negotiate costs to achieve target margins under management guidelines.
- Minimum of 4 years'experience in product development or the manufacturing of non-apparel, preferably
- within the luxury fashion industry.
- Experience in the development of bags and leathergoods and knowledge of the critical path is preferred.
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience in working closely with manufacturers.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through, able to organise and prioritise multiple projects and work
- Able to think proactively, spot red flags and identify solutions which will meet business goals.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills to determine costs and margins.
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (use of formulae is essential, knowledge of pivot
- tables, VLOOKUP is an advantage).
- Positive and outgoing with a solution-oriented attitude.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator.