Credit Control / Purchase Ledger
Accounts Assistant £20'000 - £22'000 P/A - Bilborough, Nottingham
Macildowie is seeking a All round Accounts Assistant to support the Accounts Manager in a small finance office.
Based in the Nottingham head office you will report to the Accounts Manager collecting outstanding customer debt in a timely, effective and professional manner and maintaining good customer relationships, you will also be responsible for processing UK & Foreign supplier invoices and credit notes enabling payment within specified times.
This is an excellent opportunity to join thriving business that truly looks after their employees and who consistently look to improve employee experiences.
You'll be responsible for:
- Collect overdue monies following company procedures to minimise bad debts
- Maintain ledger to ensure all incoming cash is allocated accurately
- Produce invoices and credit notes on a daily basis and statements on a monthly basis
- Resolve customer enquiries to maintain good customer relationships on a regular basis
- Setting of credit limits using Experian and Atradius if required
- To process incoming purchase invoices and credit notes into Navision
- To liaise with the Purchasing department to resolve outstanding invoice queries
- Resolve supplier queries to maintain good supplier relationships
- Reconcile major supplier statements on a monthly basis
- Bank Reconciliations for the Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger
- Payment runs for Purchase ledger if required
- Setting up Direct Debit collections if required
- Experience in an accounts environment of Credit Control and Purchase Ledger
- Knowledge of Navision, Sage and other financial management systems
- Excellent Telephone skills for collection of overdue accounts
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of spreadsheets and Microsoft word
- High levels of accuracy/numeracy
- Enthusiastic and motivated with a logical approach to problem solving
- Proactive and flexible
- Keen sense of time management by planning and prioritising work using own initiative
Please apply with your CV or give me a call on
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.