This is both a 'hands-on' and strategic role for an experienced commercially aware FD, where good technical and management skills are required to ensure monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting packs are delivered both on time and 100% correctly, but also where the successful candidate will have excellent financial analytical skills which will benefit the company and its growth path.
Our Client is a very successful, well established, leading FMCG company exporting globally with an impressive company history.
Main responsibilities will be to;
- ensure the team deliver monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting packs on time and accurately
- manage and improve internal financial processes and effectiveness
- liaise with auditors on all aspects of annual accounts
- ensure effective financial control, manage budgets, cost control, debtors, foreign exchange and all other financial controls
- plan ahead and identify and resolve operational and legislative issues
- not only produce accounts but analyse those results and advise on potential risks, external market conditions or any changes or threats which may affect profitability or financial performance of the business
- manage costs and ensure margins are maximised
- experience of implementing and project managing a new computer system
You will need to be able to demonstrate a history of having delivered successfully as an FD in an FMCG business which has operated internationally. Being precise and conscientious, you will be an FD who takes full ownership of and pride in delivering detailed, accurate, on time information as well as challenging costs and communicating difficult messages as required.
Additionally you will be:
- A qualified accountant with exemplary work history
- Experienced and comfortable with the responsibility and accountability of operating at a senior level in business
- Have the full skill set of an experienced FD
- Able to demonstrate your suitability for the role from your past experience including international experience
- Used to producing 100% accurate and correct reports to deadlines
- Detailed, accurate, organised, yet have an agile commercial mindset with excellent analytical skills
- At home with and enjoy a hands-on role
- An excellent communicator and advisor
Six Figure Package