FMCG Connect is pleased to be working with a global manufacturer of consumer durables based in South Yorkshire.
The company is looking for a Category specialist to sit within the category team and assist with; increasing marketing share, launching new products and acquiring new clients.
- Define and drive the channel objectives, strategy, and priorities with full end to end ownership, throughout the region.
- Maintain and communicate the strategy internally and externally, working closely with the sales teams and the European entities.
- Develop areas such as pricing, channel product strategy, customer prioritisation, marketing, promotional and sales incentive initiatives relevant to the channel and customers.
- Prepare key product/range presentations and launch documents including relevant launch content such as competitive matrices, range propositions and positioning, headline GTM strategy and USPs with support from Product Manager.
- Develop category expertise within the channel. Monitor competitive and market activity. Stay abreast of trends which will influence product assortment and channel initiatives such as technology, workplace, digital etc.
- Identify opportunities to create commercial advantage and deliver the required changes, identify and quantify risks and benefits.
- Proven work experience in a Category role
- Proven ability to develop category/channel strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organisation.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Numerical and analytical ability
- Prepared to travel frequently across Europe
This role is commutable from Leeds Wakefield, York, Sheffield and Doncaster.