Senior Press Officer
A busy Senior Press Officer role for a health related charity. The aim of the role is to gain coverage for stories that will help support the organisation's lobbying of important subjects.
My client is a health-related Charity.
- Work with the Campaigns, Care and Information teams, with the support of the PR Manager, to secure consistent national and regional media coverage for the charity's campaigns and policy work.
- Launch and deliver press for the national and regional campaigns produced by the Campaigns and Outreach teams, including parliamentary activity in all four UK nations, on health and care issues affecting our supporters.
- Work with the Advocacy team to identify cases who can benefit from media support and promote key issues for the organisation.
- Use a wide array of tactics to promote the directorate's work, including securing comment and feature pieces, photocalls and sensitively identifying and communicating media case studies.
- Develop strong contacts with a wide array of relevant national, regional and trade journalists to ensure the organisation's messages can be delivered to as many audiences as possible.
- Monitor the media agenda daily, keeping senior team informed of key issues and stories relevant to the charities work. Where relevant, work with colleagues to respond swiftly with comments.
- Maintain and develop the organisation's key messaging from the Campaigns, Care and Information teams, ensuring up-to-date facts and positions are available for sharing with journalists and external audiences.
The successful candidate will have relevant charity press/media experience and have managed projects at national media level.
A salary is on offer of up to £32,000 per annum + benefits.