Product Technologist - Accessories
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
We are one of the UK’s leading Fast Fashion, high street retailers. We are currently looking to recruit a Product Technologist to join our Womenswear Technical team looking after jewellery, watches, bags, soft accessories and gifting.
Reporting to the Senior Tech you will be working in the lively environment of Design and Buying, our Technologists work closely with the Buyers and Designers of various departments developing product from the initial design concept through to production.
In this role, you will:
- Drive consistency in fit and quality across one of our most high profile departments
- Work closely with the buying and design team, advising on fit, construction and safety issues
- Ensure accessories meets quality standards and safety legislation
- Communicate regularly with suppliers
- Focus continually on product improvement, ensuring that faulty returns are minimised
- Manage the fit and advise on amendments throughout the development process
- Manage the risk assessment, test reports and product approval process
- Manage suppliers – play a key part in their assessments and development
- Conduct projects aimed at identifying opportunities to improve product value and performance
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role:
- A relevant degree-level qualification would be beneficial
- Excellent jewellery and bags skills with experience in a retail or supplier environment
- Strong construction and pattern cutting knowledge.
- Experience in managing test reports
- Experience of working with overseas suppliers and factories
- Strong IT skills,
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- A confident decision maker
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!