An amazing opportunity has arisen for a candidate that has a strong/varied background in accounts. This would be a great chance to join a established Business, looking to develop the internal team that helps manage the day to day accounting needs.
The premise of the role is to manage Sales & Purchase ledger, which is linked to Sage. The ideal candidate needs to be highly organised and self-motivated.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To deal with general account enquiries from customers and suppliers in order to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
- To undertake all purchase and sales ledger activities, to ensure that the accounts systems are kept up to date, balanced and that the finances are fully controlled.
- To check supplier invoices
- To prepare and submit accurate VAT returns to ensure they are in line with statutory timescales and to ensure VAT payments are made on time.
- To work with the external Accountants in order to facilitate the preparation of accurate year end accounts that can be submitted to HMRC within the correct timescales.
- To effectively manage cash flow through monitoring it carefully, mapping break-even points and when cash is due from customers, ensuring payment terms are adhered to, and building up cash reserves from profits.
- Prepare accurate forecasts and budgets, in order the help ensure effective financial management of the Company.
- To undertake timely bank reconciliations, including bank accounts, credit cards and petty cash, to help ensure this information is always accurate and can inform financial decisions.
- To prepare and run the monthly payroll and PAYE payments, to ensure staff are paid accurately and on time, and that their taxation and pension is accurately recorded and paid.
- Ensure that accurate accountancy files are kept, both paper-based and electronic.
- To liaise with HMRC, our accountants and other financial services as and when required, in order to ensure the Company remains complaint with all financial and accounting rules.
- To assist colleagues and to support the Company generally, through undertaking additional duties and tasks from time to time as and when required.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT AFTER IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- An appropriate accountancy qualification or excellent experience.
- Grade A - C level in GCSE maths and English or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience of using Sage
- Experience of working in a small business
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.