Finance Assurance Lead - Non-Profit Organisation No Travel
Opportunity to give back to society in a, London based, non-profit community interest company. You will work closely with the CFO and non-executive board to provide financial assurance in relation to public funds, partnership contracts, and risk reports.
This Finance Assurance lead role is with a non-profit community interest company. The company offers a voluntary program for teens to take part in outdoor activities, meet new people and give back to their communities.
The organisation aims to create a more engaged, cohesive and responsible environment, by enabling teenagers from mixed backgrounds to work together on social action projects. By providing these projects, they hope to ease the transition from teenage years into adulthood.
Over 100,000 people have taken part in the enterprise and they are currently working to make this program available to every person (within the age bracket) in England.
The organisation is government funded with patrons including; high level politicians, music directors, artistic directors, BBC editors, football directors and many well-known television personalities.
With year on year growth, and a huge injection of funding having been allocated this organisation, now is a brilliant time to join in order to create, implement and analyse strategies, partnership contracts and financial programs.
- Influencing and contributing to the development of the assurance strategy and activity plan
- Ensure that accurate payments are made to Delivery Partners and that these partners spend these public funds, in line with their contracts, and that they deliver value for money across the programme network
- Design and own process for ensuring accuracy, reporting on performance and escalating financial risks relating to partner payments
- Create and implement annual financial audit calendar for reviewing partner policies and practice
- Define process for assessing how well partner organisations are investing unit cost payments and the resulting value for money achieved
- Provide input to strategic commissioning team on required Finance Assurance standards for inclusion in new contracts
- Analyse Provider performance throughout the monthly payment process and raise any issues
- Analyse the Provider Reports and report the findings and recommendations to the Board
- Identify which Partners should be audited each season and prepare a recommended audit schedule and scope of work to the Head of Department, Director of Partner Management and Director of Financial Operations
- Develop the financial and non-financial criteria to determine Partner audit schedules
- Conduct audit of partner anti-fraud and bribery policies and practices, including training standards and organisational culture
- Escalate critical and high-level risks / issues to the Department Head
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIIA/MIIA
- Demonstrable ability and understanding in and of financial assurance, value for money and analysis
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of advanced audit techniques
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of finance Assurance protocol design and implementation
- Experienced in writing policies and designing operational processes
- Prior experience of assuring payments in line with contractual parameters
- SalesForce experience advantageous
- Exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and define own work area priorities
- Capable of identifying gaps and areas for improvement
- Process-based approach to resolving problems
- Comfortable working across departments to bring key outputs together
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Finance Assurance Lead
- The salary for this role is competitive and may be adjusted based on skills, experience and organisational fit.
- 5% non-contributory pension
- Discretionary 10% performance-related bonus.
- Project ownership
- No travel
- Risk exposure
- Value adding role
- Donor, grant and contract assurance
- Not for Profit Organisation
- Fun environment
- Colourful office
- Office dog
- Forward thinking environment
- Public Sector/ Not For profit/ Government Body/ Charity
- Central London
- West London