Deputy Head of Internal Audit
Churchill Howard are recruiting as a selected supplier to this National multi-award winning company and globally recognised leader in its field for an Internal Audit Senior Manager. The role acts as a deputy to the Head of Internal Audit and oversees a team as part of the wider audit function within central operations at head office. This is an excellent platform to progress to a HOIA position.
This is an exciting time in this well established organisations history and represents a fantastic career opportunity for the right skilled and ambitious individual to join the firm.
There is also a low percentage of UK travel within the role making it appealing to those looking to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
The role itself leads the audit team and involves:
* Stakeholder engagement - in particular with department heads.
* Leading and developing the audit plan in line with Audit Committee requirements and audit standards.
* Awareness of relevant and topical business and sector developments and risks to ensure the audit plan is tailored to match these.
* Delivery of assurance to key initiatives and projects across the business.
* Key governance arrangements and strategic developments - including annual planning.
* Attending Board Audit Committee meetings and Governance Committee meetings.
* Providing objective and independent assurance to the board - on areas such as controls frameworks.
For consideration you will be ACA qualified or equivalent with a strong and relevant career history to date and have a track record of leading audits (this would include first time movers from practice as well as internal auditors within industry and commerce).
You will also be able to demonstrate experience of leading a team as well as being able to undertake governance and risk reviews.
If you have Financial Services experience this would represent a desirable skill set.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.