IT Infrastructure Engineer
My client is a huge global food manufacturing company based in Chorley & Preston
Providing both hands on and remote support for desktops, laptops, scanners and other IT hardware including building, installation, troubleshooting and configuration. Analysing network needs and contributing to the design of network architecture, integration and installation. Monitoring network stability and installing and testing software upgrades. Negotiating with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products. Preparing and maintaining documentation for network configurations and cabling layouts. Troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies, such as WiFi , TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP routing and vLANs.
Previous experience of a large and complex IT infrastructure within a manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
Full support and training given, but knowledge of the following would be of assistance:
- Working knowledge of LAN and Wireless networking.
- Cyber Security
- Active Directory.
- Backup technologies.
- Desktop and Server support for Windows releases.
- Infrastructure monitoring.
- Installation, maintenance and support of VoIP telephony products.
- Management of mobile devices and scanner technology.
- PC and server hardware components and configuration.
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to work on own initiative, address and resolve problems in a busy environment.
- Salary is between £40,000 to £45,000 based on candidates skills and experience
- Based in Bretherton.
- This post is on a full-time basis and hours will be 8:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, paid hourly.
- An Out of Hours support rota is in operation, currently requiring staff to be on call one week in four.
- 28 days annual holiday including bank holidays, pension contribution and 3 x death in service