Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (+ benefits)
Ambridge Harris is currently recruiting for a Product Owner to join a market leading, rapid expanding software client of ours based in Swansea.
The Product Owner is the link between the client and delivery function that creates the solution for the client. Along with Senior Product Owners you will help define solutions for our customer that utilise our core product offering and will be responsible for ensuring delivery of the solution through Agile SCRUM methodology.
You will assist Senior Product Owners in helping our clients understand the suite of products and how they can utilise the product features to benefit their existing business processes. For smaller engagements you may be the sole Product Owner.
At a high level, you will
- Be primary contact for the customer and the development team during the delivery phase of the project
- Provide guidance to the client on how best to use the products and features to improve their existing business process.
- Assist in the eliciting of requirements from the client, by leading or supporting requirements gathering workshops and demonstrating existing product functionality, with a view to creating a requirements backlog
- Help ensure consistency in all client facing work in line with company standards and industry best practices.
Daily tasks will include:
- Where required, support the pre-contract discussions with our customers via phone and video conference as well as face to face, advising the customer on how best to use our products and determine high level scope for proposed projects.
- Estimate and document the effort required to deliver solutions on behalf of our customers or changes to existing customer journeys.
- Using the Agile SCRUM framework you will define the requirements in user story form, and define the criteria for success.
- Provide a visual representation of the solution in the form of wireframes or mock-ups so that the customer can agree to the solution ahead of the development sprint.
- Refine the user stories with the scrum team ahead of sprint to ensure the requirements are clear and understood by the team prior to development commencing.
- Continuous prioritising of the requirements backlog on behalf of the customer ensuring that items of most value are delivered as a priority and that at least an MVP can be released at end of the development window.
- You will work alongside the scrum team throughout sprint development, ensuring their full understanding of customer requirements through the 3 Amigos sessions and necessary ceremonies and discussions.
- You will be available to support the necessary scrum teams during the sprint cycle to clarify any issues that arise between the customer and the scrum team.
Qualifications & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of Product Owner / Business Analyst
- Experience of working with software teams
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- External client facing experience
- Ability to lead customer facing workshops
- Requirements gathering
- User Story creation/mapping
- Wireframe/mock-up creation
- Experience in providing SaaS to external customers
- Jira experience
- Wireframing tools (such as Moqups)
- General understanding of UX principles
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Job ref: 22443