Embedded Software Engineer
This is an opportunity to work with a global player in the communication industry, they have a strong presence across a number of disciplines with several sites across the UK.
Design, develop and deliver embedded solutions for new products. The work involves close co-operation with the hardware engineering Team to quickly deliver small footprint controller code for use in distributed processing environments.
Key tasks of the job:
Typical work activities include:
-Interpreting the project-specific software needs and developing quick concept demonstrators which lead to final design solutions.
-Working as part of a closely coupled, coherent development team to fulfil the project needs.
-Presenting ideas and concepts for embedded designs to the development team.
The essential skills/attributes are: -
-Solid experience in the design and delivery of embedded code for embedded microcontrollers specifically the ARM M0, M3 CORTEX processors.
- Strong experience with development in embedded C.
-You shall have experience working closely with the electronic hardware engineering team.
- Experience with a range of In Circuit Emulators and Debuggers.
- Awareness of Real Time Operating Systems
- Some working knowledge of configuration management systems,
- Experience of working in Agile development environments is a desirable skill
- The ability to see engineering problems from both an embedded firmware and electronics hardware perspectives.
If you are interested in the position, or looking to further develop your career please forward your CV to Robert Peacock
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com