Account Manager - Performance Software - London
Account Manager - Performance Attribution Software - London
Account Manager required for leading performance, attribution and risk software vendor based in London. This is a high profile which will enable you to have a high degree of responsibility for managing relationships with this 'performance vendor's' key clients in EMEA.
The purpose of the performance and attribtuion Account Management role is to ensure that clients are satisfied with every aspect of the service and pro-actively develop client relationships to maintain current revenue and to extend products and services used by clients.
Location: City ofLondon
Salary: 70 - 100k plus commission / bonus and benefits
You will be required to hold account management meetings, monitor status of accounts and take action to address issues when necessary. You will also perform annual client satisfaction reviews, quarterly service reviews & monitor monthly production support reports.
From a relationship development perspective, you will:
- Perform periodic reviews of client strategy and needs, and identify key business issues.- Identify extensions of the use of current products such as additional portfolios and additional users.- Identify opportunities to sell new licences such as extension of current product use to new locations or the use of new products in current locations.
There will be an element of managerial responsibility for client-specific support, which will include allocating and managing individual consultants working on support issues.
- Knowledge of the performance industry is highly desirable.
- Account Management experience
- Knowledge of the investment management industry is essential.
- Experience of working in system vendors organisations managing relationships with buy-side firms is essential.
- Experience of selling or upselling cross-selling is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including talent in presenting complex concepts, relating to clients and listening.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills that are required to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to interface with senior-level executives in large and small organisations.
- Be able to travel within EMEA.
To find out more about Real, please visit us on www.realstaffing.co.uk