Contracts Manager - Civil Engineering - Manchester
Our client is a leading construction business in the UK, having had achieved Investors in People Gold status. Our client focuses strongly on creating a better environment for customers to thrive in.
Our client is seeking for a Site based Contracts Manager to be based in Manchester and work highway infrastructure business varying from £18mil - £30mil.
The ideal Contracts Manager would be responsible for:
- Overseeing all site / projects in the North region with future plans of extension into North West
- Develop business plans and strategies to develop the business and meet customer needs and aspirations as set out in contracts
- Ensure that procedures are in place to monitor and ensure full adherence to Health & Safety and other relevant legislations and practices.
- Short term and long term planning and monitoring of projects.
- Ensuring a high level of quality and compliance with standards are maintained throughout the delivery of projects
The ideal Contracts Manager should possess the following skills and experience:
- Significant previous contract management experience
- Experience of running a successful portfolio of Civil Engineering projects
- Direct relevant experience with Civils
- Intricate knowledge of North West supply chain
- Strong commercial acumen
- Good understanding of client side requirements
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of managing key suppliers
- Rail experience would be an advantage
- Hold a full driving license
As the successful Contracts Manager you would receive £65,000 - £70,000 (dependent on experience) including an excellent benefit package of 25 (+8) days holiday, plus your birthday! car/scheme, private health care.
To apply for the position of a Civil Engineering Planner please submit all CV Applications to Julia at Project Resource; in the first instance quoting vacancy # and we will contact you within 3 working days if your application has been successful.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an employment agency/business.