Electrical Contracts Manager
Your new role
To efficiently manage electrical contracts for the company, ensuring the works are completed to standard required and within work program timescales, and agreed budget. To ensure all works are undertaken in line with Health & Safety legislation.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
- To ensure that the P&L (Profit & Loss) of assigned contracts is delivered in line with budget/target expectations or as reflected in key performance indicators.
- To manage and motivate employees and associated staff to ensure that all contracts are delivered to a high standard and within agreed timescales.
- To develop and establish customer relationships with key clients and their representatives, and liaise effectively through both formal and informal meetings.
- To ensure that all matters relating to health & safety are addressed, including ensuring all works are undertaken in a safe manner, and in compliance with all current legislation and regulations. To ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared and issued as required.
- To partake in recruitment, and be responsible for management, motivation, performance, training and support of staff.
- To ensure that contracts, works orders and variations are processed in accordance with the company's management procedures.
- To ensure that any company asset, and resources such as hired plant are used in the most effective and economical manner.
- To ensure that adequate protection is provided for all company assets that fall within the posts area of responsibility.
- Demonstrable experience in management/supervisory position or equivalent site experience from an electrical base.
- Demonstrable experience of contract management or equivalent site experience from an electrical base
- Extensive knowledge of current IEE wiring regulations (BS7671)
- Knowledge of health & safety, CDM regulations.
- Conversant with risk assessment techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of building construction, including building regulations and guidance notes.
- Drive and ability to work under pressure to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Good administrative and time management skills
- Good level of IT skill to include, Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A flexible and positive approach to all aspects of service delivery.
What you'll need to succeed
A fully Qualified Electrician accredited with the following:
- City & Guilds 236 (part 1,2, & 3)
- City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 & 3 Electrical Installations or equivalent
- City & Guilds 2382 (17th edition)
- City & guilds 2391 or 2394 & 2395 Inspection & Testing
- Possession of a full driving licence and be willing to travel to fulfill the requirements of the post.
- City & Guilds 2400 or 2396 (design erection & verification)
- SMSTS (Site Managers Safety Training Scheme)
- Experience with the use of CAD
What you'll get in return
- Pay to be advised dependent on experience
- 22 days holiday
- BUPA medical insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Pension contributions
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.