Civil Design Engineer
Civil Design Engineer - Roads & Civil Engineering - Birmingham
I am working with a top civil engineering consultancy that is looking to recruit a Civil Design Engineer to work on roads & civil engineering schemes based from their office in Birmingham. The successful Design Engineer will work within a design team of circa 5 people, and will report directly into the Associate Design Engineer. A background in and a detailed understanding of S38 S278 & S104 works design is essential. The job would be split 50/50 between site & office work.
Projects: Section 38, 278 & 104 works - roads, paving, drainage, groundworks etc.
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering -
- 2 + years' experience in civil engineering design.
- Detailed understanding of S38 S278 & S104 works design -
- UK citizenship -
- Proficient in a relevant piece of design software.
- Producing highways and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects.
- Supervise Cad Technicians.
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals.
- Be responsible for delivering work to a fee agreed with a Project Manager.
- Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets).
- Prepare client / project proposals.
- Assist in negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees.
- Construct project teams from internal and external resources.
- Procure project resources.
- Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals.
- Have knowledge of concept design, buildability, detailed design, construction techniques,
procurement routes, risk assessment.
- Basic salary up to £48,000.
- Life assurance.
- Professional fees covered.
- 25 days annual leave.
Please apply by sending your CV to:
- 0121 712 6600
Services advertised by Project Resource Ltd are those of an agency and/or an employment business.