Enterprise Infrastructure Architect
Enterprise Infrastructure Architect - Bristol
The Enterprise Infrastructure Architect will work closely with a variety of stakeholders to continually develop the strategy of infrastructure, architecture and roadmaps that will oversee the company's technology plans. As the main lead architect for the End User Computing domain, reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Strategy & Architecture, the incumbent will also provide direction to the operations team, defining strategies involving migration, new end user capabilities and ensuring that solutions built by others make optimal use of infrastructure capabilities and services.
- Delivering the architecture strategies, patterns and roadmaps and that map to the IT Vision, Strategy and Transformation Roadmaps for End User Computing Technologies.
- Defining the activities, investments and decisions required to deliver against the target state over a 3-5 year timeframe.
- Creating reference architectures for End User services/capabilities to guide application deployment solutions and provide a reference for governance.
- Working closely with vendors to understand the evolution of their technologies and services and mapping these to the client's vision.
- Supporting Supplier Management in contract reviews and negotiations.
- Contributing to the development of, and leading the architectural assessment of change portfolios to support delivery of the group IT Strategy.
- Actively supporting the Workplace and Global IT Operations project delivery teams responsible for the design and build of architected solutions.
- Supporting the further development of end user computing technologies through active participation in a professional community.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience of working in a cross disciplinary architecture team in a financial services organisation. They will have strong stakeholder management skills and a demonstrable track record of engagement across IT and the wider business to ensure that roadmaps, standards and strategies are well understood and socialised. They will have sound business and technology knowledge and commercial awareness. Negotiation and conflict resolution skills are advantageous, along with an analytical and disciplined approach to problem solving.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent role based in Bristol paying up to £75,000 plus benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.