Are you an experienced Assistant Building Surveyor who isn't getting the APC support that you deserve? Would you like to work for a successful practice with an established APC programme and support for your professional development? This is the role for you.
An exciting position with great prospects has just become available for a Building Surveyor to join an expanding team with a client of mine based in the heart of beautiful Chiswick. Working out of their plush offices in a converted period Victorian townhouse, this really is a unique opportunity for an ambitious surveyor to join a growing team in London with senior management positions in the team likely to be available in the not too distant future.
- Undertaking building surveys, site inspections and measured surveys
- Drafting plans/sections/elevations on computer aided design software
- Preparation of Schedules of Work and Specifications for all types of maintenance and construction projects
- Producing feasibility reports
- Management of sub consultants and contractors
- Delivery of contract administration services as appropriate to the commission
- Arranging meetings and collating project documentation as required
- Assisting senior surveyors in carrying out condition and asset management surveys, together with Party Wall Surveyor services for both Building Owners and Adjoining Owners, dilapidations and many other building surveying commissions
- Compiling and monitoring project costs in line with approved budgets
- Be educated to at least degree level or equivalent, in a Building Surveying RICS accredited degree
- Be passionate about Building Surveying and developing a career with a leading construction consultancy
- Have been actively working as a graduate or assistant building surveyor for at least 12 months since graduation, on commercial or public sector non-housing commissions
- MUST have good Party Wall knowledge
- Have experience in specification writing, contract admin and professional duties
- Hold a full driving license
- Have good IT skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, AutoCAD LT & other bespoke)
- Be a good communicator with high levels of numeracy and literacy
- Up to £38,000 per annum
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Full structured APC support
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
Interested? Email your CV to or call Mitchell Barker on 0203 680 0640 for a confidential chat about your career options.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.