Bookkeeper / Accountant
Bookkeeping / Management Accountant job in Wisbech for a reputable company - £26k, 09:00 - 17:00, 5 days/week
Your new company
Hays are proudly representing a family-run Wisbech based organisation to succeed in finding an experienced Bookkeeper / Management Accountant. This company has only flourished in the years they have been established, and are very passionate and proud around what they cover in the market.
Your new role
You'll be working side-by-side with the Finance Director (and on occasion) with the Managing Director as an important part of a small team. You'll be required to complete all tasks set in an organised fashion to a very high standard.
Main areas of responsibility:
· Purchase Ledger - Overseeing activities of the Purchase Ledger Clerk, monthly reconciliation of control accounts
· Sales Ledger - Overseeing activities of the Sales Ledger Clerk, monthly reconciliation of control accounts & Invoice Discount facility ledgers for submission to the bank
· Banking - Maintenance of daily cashbooks for each of the bank accounts, month end bank reconciliation, petty cash, management of Invoice Discount facility
· Salaries and Wages - Overseeing activities of Payroll Clerk, check all payroll reports, prepare year end returns and P11D's for review of the Finance Director
· Nominal Ledger - Ensure integrity of all Nominal Ledgers, monthly journals
· Month End Accounting - ensure accounts are balanced for approval by Finance Director, prepare month adjustments etc.
· Company Secretarial Work - Complete company annual return, file documents
· Audit - Prepare audit file of information in accordance to other Auditors, act as main contact point for Auditors.
What you'll need to succeed
AAT Equivalent or higher will be a huge advantage.
As this role is very specific, you'll need a minimum of 5 years' experience as a bookkeeper - preferably in a small/medium sized company. The company we are representing also ask for Sage Accounting Software experience, experience with SAGE or Advantage, and great Microsoft Excel/Word skills. A natural ability to learn and adapt is essential due to the changing nature of the job, new systems (processual and IT based).
What you'll get in return
A very competitive wage with a company who is brilliant to work for, with comfortable hours and potential room for progression. Hours as stands are 09:00 til 17:00, Monday to Friday.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.