UK Sales Consultant
Sales/ Business Development Consultant - Brighton £25-28k + bonus
This international educational travel organisation specialises in arranging short-term placements for healthcare students in Africa, Asia and South America. As a dynamic and fast-paced organisation, there is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Elective Consultant to join the team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with generating sales leads by increasing the number of returning student 'Ambassadors', attending trade fairs, exhibitions and making university presentations. The ability to build and develop relationships at all professional levels is key. A desire and enthusiasm to learn is also essential.
Although the position is predominately based in the UK head office in Brighton, there will be certain periods of the year where extensive travel within the UK to university events will require some overnight stays and/or evening and weekend work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Representing the company at university events across the UK
- Manage the events calendar, securing presentations at existing university partners, in addition to sourcing potential new event opportunities
- Implementing the company strategy to grow the returning student Ambassador network. This includes building relationships with alumni students and professionals to obtain contributions (for marketing activity) and representatives (for events and marketing activity) to promote Work the World
- Developing and maintaining relationships with university student societies to increase event opportunities, brand awareness and growth of Work the World in the UK
- Providing cover, when required, for the UK sales team which includes contacting new and existing enquiries and responding to all incoming phone and email sales enquiries
- Working closely with the Global Sales and Marketing Team in the UK, Australia and The Netherlands to develop sales strategies in line with company objectives
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by the UK Development Manager
- Educated to degree level
- Work experience in an academic environment ideal
- Demonstrable presentation experience
- Telephone sales experience and excellent phone manner is essential
- Excellent relationship building and presentation skills and the ability to engage with people of all ages and at all academic levels
- Energetic, focused and results orientated mentality, with the confidence to achieve targets and generate sales leads
- Full clean driving licence and valid passport
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk