Contracts Manager (Piling)
Contracts Manager | London & South East | Well-known Piling Contractor
Salary: £50 - £60k (Negotiable for right person)
Immediate Interview/start available
My client is a specialist piling contractor whose primary focus is to design and install cost effective foundation solutions.
Operating across the whole of the UK we provide piling and foundation solutions to a wide range of clients from private individuals to regional builders and national main contractors.
We operate in both open and restricted access sites in all ground conditions and often to demanding logistical and environmental constraints. With an annual turnover exceeding £10M, individual contract values can range from £1k to £1M.
This well-known piling has completed projects in all major sectors and many structures that you pass every day will be supported on foundations provided by All Foundations including:
- Schools, universities and hospitals
- Roads, bridges and railway infrastructure
- Residential apartment blocks and student accommodation
- Public and private sector offices, buildings and utilities
- Industrial factories, warehouses and workshops
- Supermarkets and retail stores
- Housing developments, private houses and extensions
As this person will be working for our CFA division, we are ideally be looking for the following attributes/experience;
- Worked in a project manager role for one of the large piling companies at some point, namely, Expanded, Bachy, BBGE, Bauer Tech, Keller, Cementation etc.
- Experience in Large and small diameter Rotary Bored Piling (RBP), between 450 and 1500mm piles.
- Experience in Large and small diameter Continuous Flight Auger Piling (CFA), between 300 and 1050mm piles.
- Experience in the management of Contiguous and Secant piled retaining walls in RBP and CFA methods.
- Good knowledge and or experience in 'Cased CFA piling' methods for Secant retaining walls in particular.
Contracts range in size from a minimum of 50k up to 1 million
- Residential (50%),
- Commercial (35%)
- Industrial (15%)
- Scope of works/ground conditions expected - restrictions - programme - budget - Q's, resources, time - testing/tolerance - what we are doing - what the client is doing - H & S - how they are to behave/appear - paperwork/records - site boundaries - existing services - set targets
- Monitor progress daily = programme, resources, Q
- Continually assess engineering requirements, permanent and temporary throughout project.
- Report weekly re: Q, F, programme, resources
- Readjust/assess programme, resource budget etc. weekly to ensure overall budget is met.
- Evaluate, agree, documents and variations - daily, weekly, as required - with client whilst maintaining client relationship.
- Agree valuation, stage payments and ensure that they are issued in accordance with agreed payment terms/schedule.
- Ensure payments are received in accordance with agree terms.
- Organise key inspections with relevant parties.
- Check that what is being built on site is in accordance with design, drawings, specifications, scope and meets with clients' expectations in all aspects.
- Ensure that all H&S requirements are being adhered to.
- Ensure that the site is clean and tidy.
- Ensure that testing is being completed as agreed
- Carry out/organise any re-design required
- Complete project - final account and including variations - final costs - as built drawings/surveys - records - testing - site clean and tidy - work completed to specification/drawings.
- At least 5 years of contract management experience in comparable sectors with 3 years in a management position within the foundations sector.
- Strong operational and multi-site project management skills.
- Able to demonstrate team building and leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of engineering, technical, financial, sales and marketing issues related to product design and development.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
BS Degree or similar in Civil Engineering
If this particular role looks of interest please get in contact