Head of Business Development (Commercial Property)
This is a role for someone who has worked in commercial property for a few years and is fed up of the inefficiencies, “this-is-way-it’s-always-been-done” mentality and has a vision to bring technological innovation to the sector.
Despite what we look like now, we’re not looking to build a spare desk website, or a serviced office broker or an AirBnB for office space - this is just the beginning. We’re looking to completely reinvent the way workspace is found, transacted and used - from a freelancer, all the way up to a Fortune 500 company.
As the Head of Business Development for Commercial Property, you will be a key problem solver for the business internally and externally, working directly with the founders to impact overall business strategy.
We’re still a small team so there will be opportunities to get involved in all parts of the business. Your role will vary day to day and involve international market & ROI analysis; relationship building with the property industry; advising landlord and occupier clients on property requirements; and working closely with the product teams to build disruptive technology for the sector.
You should be willing to get stuck in, with a very ‘hands-on’ approach and work autonomously in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. There are too many talkers in the commercial property industry; we’re looking for someone extremely ambitious that can think critically about problems and relentlessly execute to bring solutions to market.
Over time, you’ll need to be able to build, lead and communicate with cross functional teams from property to engineering and hire a team that works alongside you. The level of autonomy and responsibility makes this an ideal role for anyone who’s wanted to start their own business.Skills: Sales,Business Development,Team Leadership,Sales experience,Autonomy,Sales Strategy,Head of Business Development Sectors: Technology,Sales Text title: Responsibilities
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify and execute on market opportunities for Hubble in the flexible, traditional and international office market
- Devise and execute strategy to scale beyond London and broaden the customer base
- Source and grow relationships with key occupiers, landlords and developers
- Advise and negotiate on behalf of Hubble’s occupier and landlord clients
- Build our presence within the commercial property sector via branding, partnership and PR opportunities; be Hubble’s face in the commercial property industry
- Grow with the business and recruit a real estate team to fulfil our growth ambitions in the medium to long-term
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in office agency, preferably representing tenants (but we will consider landlord agents) and relevant qualifications
- Self-starter with ability to execute in high-pressure environments
- Strong numerical and analytical skills; with experience in using quantitative analysis tools such as Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to build rapport and long-lasting professional relationships
- Confident public speaker with an outgoing personality
- Demonstrable experience in challenging the status quo and thinking exponentially. With strong opinions about how property can be disrupted by technology
- Experience in managing projects and small teams
- It’d be a plus if you had some experience in: advising tech occupiers, flexible & managed office solutions and international office markets.
- We like to make sure everyone in the team is comfortable and has the best environment for them. We offer flexible hours, remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holiday - focusing only on whether work gets done. Benefits are optional and can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive. Here are things we offer:
- Macbook, dual monitors + peripherals
- Unlimited Uber
- Spotify Premium or Apple Music
- Kindle Unlimited + free professional books
- Health & Pension
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Standing desk
- Additionally, being part of Entrepreneur First and Seedcamp gives us (and you) access to a vibrant community of startups, regular events and one-on-one sessions with industry experts.
- We’re happy to offer a competitive salary and performance based incentives according to experience, as well as EMI equity options as an early Hubble team member.
- Indicative base salary: £45k+