Contractor's Design Manager - Highways
Role: Contractor's Design Manager - Highways
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 plus package.
Are you an experienced Design Manager with a history of successfully managing external design consultants on behalf of a Civil Engineering Contractor delivering schemes within the Highways Sector? Are you looking for an opportunity to lead the Design aspect of Projects through the work winning, pre-construction and delivery phases within one of the biggest Contractors in the Country? Then a role within a Market leading Contractor could be for you.
My client is looking to recruit a Design Manager with a solid Highways background to manage external design consultants and provide technical support to the operational delivery and work winning teams to ensure that cost effective, low risk, and safe design solutions are delivered. Reporting to the Technical Director you will be responsible for a portfolio of schemes on a Highways Framework.
The successful candidate will come from a Main Contracting background with a breadth of Highways experience and have in depth knowledge of Design Management.
Your duties will include:
- Manage the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the customer.
- Manage Design Consultants' programme deliverables.
- Be responsible for the technical approvals process, ensuring that all necessary consents and approvals are in place to enable procurement and construction to be undertaken in accordance with the contract programme.
- Lead the development and implementation of the project BIM strategy.
- Collaborate with the client and technical approval authority.
Ideal Qualifications include:
- Experience of undertaking design (possibly as a secondment) is desirable but more important is the experience of successfully managing external Design Consultants on Civils Design and Construct Contracts.
- Familiarity with the NEC family of contract is desirable.
- Full understanding of CDM regulations and the ability to lead on these to ensure discharge of obligations of the Principle Designer.
- Professional Membership with ICE is desirable.
- A valid CSCS card is a requirement.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding market leading company with advance orders and scope for career progression.
Please contact Peter Morse on 01962 896349 as soon as possible if you think you are suitable for this role.