Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager - Portsmouth - £45000 - Aerospace - APPLY NOW!
A Supply Chain Manager is required for a leading Aerospace company in the Portsmouth area.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for managing all tactical sourcing and procurement expenditure, production planning and logistics/warehousing, ensuring requirements are met on time with the appropriate quality standards, through a highly capable and cost effective supply base.
Supply Chain Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Contributing to or exceeding site profit plan goals related to: cost savings, economics, quality, supplier rationalization, low cost sourcing and other agreed objectives.
- Lead chosen material resourcing activities in coordination with the Head of Supply Chain and engineering to drive a competitive advantage.
- Implement and influence supply chain strategies for the site and process improvement
- Lead, motivate, support and develop supply chain staff members
- Support of proper Make or Buy decisions, prepare data and slides for relevant strategic gate reviews.
- Support efforts concerning supply base rationalization and supplier development.
- Manage effective warehousing and logistics channels around the site to the best 'Total Value' proposition ensuring all KPIs are measured and improved upon
- Deploy lean warehouse and inventory management principles to drive turns and cash improvements
Supply Chain Manager Key Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related technical field. Master's degree preferred. CIPS Membership.
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing experience with 3-5 years in Aerospace industry preferred.
- Proven ability to motivate and co-ordinate in a multi-functional environment
- Proven project management techniques
- Excellent communication skills - including first class reporting techniques
Supply Chain Manager Package Details:
A starting salary of £45000 per annum.
Other benefits will be discussed during the process.
If you feel you match the necessary requirements please - APPLY NOW!If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy