Windows Systems Engineer SQL IIS - Finance
Windows Systems Engineer (SQL IIS) London to £55k
Windows Systems Engineer / Managed Services Consultant (SQL Server IIS Virtualisation Windows). Global financial software house is seeking a skilled Windows Systems Engineer to join the managed Services team responsible for developing and maintaining hosted services for clients. The firm prides itself on the quality of its first class solutions with 99.999% uptime and ability to deliver thousands of trade prices with millisecond latency. Their software is used by hundreds of clients across 29 countries, accepted by 500+ trading institutions worldwide.
As a Windows Systems Engineer / Managed Services Consultant you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and continually improving hosted services / infrastructure for clients. Your role will encompass building and maintaining IIS, maintaining virtual machines, maintaining a small Active Directory, Disaster Recovery testing, Windows patching, patching management, capacity planning and client facing monitoring frameworks. You’ll also act as escalation for critical incidents passed from the Application Support desk.
This role will also give you business exposure, you’ll be working with the Product and Technology teams to research and identify the most appropriate options for the delivery of client services. You will be working within a small, friendly team of like minded individuals and will gain valuable knowledge of financial systems / markets. City based offices with all the latest kit.
- Indepth knowledge of Microsoft technologies including experience of deploying and managing Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012; Windows Failover Clustering; Active Directory, Windows DNS and Group policy
- Strong SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2014, including clustering
- IIS experience
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP Ethernet networks
- Good knowledge of VMWare ESXi
- Strong analysis and problem solving abilities, logical
- Commercial acumen, able to think strategically
- Broad understanding of computer architecture and operating system concepts
- Collaborative team member with excellent communication skills
As a Windows Systems Engineer / Managed Services Consultant you can expect to earn a highly competitive salary (to £55k) plus bonus and benefits package.
Send your CV or call 020 7090 2575 for a confidential discussion about this Windows Systems Engineer / Managed Services Consultant opportunity.