Network Engineer - London - Tier One Investment Bank - £60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
A London based Tier one investment bank is seeking a highly skilled Network Engineer to join their Solution Delivery Team. You will be responsible for working with a team of internal and external partners to deliver complex network solutions in alignment with business needs and overall network strategy.
- Responsible for design, build and deployment activities to deliver appropriate infrastructure solutions.
- Contribute to the definition of network infrastructure strategy and policy by taking an active role in working with Product Managers and Product Engineers to influence architectural strategy
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more network technologies
- Ensure compliance to all Technology Infrastructure Services including participation in governance, change management and risk/audit requirements
- Working with key stakeholders to develop network designs in support of LAN, MAN, WAN, data centre, Wireless, extranet and branch deployments
- Deployment and Configuration of network equipment and subsequent testing in keeping with their risk profile; Network Stability / Compliance to regulatory and mandatory policies
- Audit findings and Issue Assurances are fully addressed
- Adherence to all change management processes
- Complete documentation for all deployments
- Data - CCNP qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience in designing and implementing complex data networks
- Extensive knowledge of network components (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, wireless, etc.) and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, etc.)
- Strong communications skills and the ability to effectively communicate and sell complex network solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience with data centre design and deployment
- Some knowledge of MAN technologies
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.