Teacher of Science - Maternity Cover
Teacher of Science required to cover for a period of maternity leave - May 2017 - West Sussex
FULL TIME TEACHER OF SCIENCE - Maternity Cover
required for May 2017
Davison C.E. High School for Girls is a large and successful secondary school, with a caring and supportive ethos, underpinned by strong Christian values. Our recent Section 48 SIAMS inspection judged us to be an 'Outstanding' Church School.
The Science Department has celebrated high achievement over a number of years and our 2016 GCSE results in Science were all above the national average including 69% for Core Science, Additional Science 72%, and Physics, Chemistry and Biology all over 90% A*- C. Our aim is to ensure every girl reaches her full potential. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic colleague to cover for a period of maternity leave, who can demonstrate their ability as an excellent classroom practitioner.
We require a Scientist who:
* is able to make science lessons relevant and fun
* has the personality to enthuse and engage
* has excellent ICT skills
* is committed to enrichment/extra-curricular activities
* a school where teachers want to teach and pupils want to learn
* a successful and well resourced Science Department
* opportunities to work in the community
* a very supportive staff - full of fun, enthusiasm and good humour
* a supportive induction year for newly qualified teachers
The post would suit either an experienced or a newly qualified teacher.
The post is subject to DBS clearance and Davison actively promotes the welfare and safety of children. We have an on-site day nursery which provides term time child care at competitive rates.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd March 2017
For further information, an application pack or an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact our recruitment partner, Richard Lanning at Hays Education via or call 01273 729465
The school reserves the right to appoint at any time during the recruitment process.