Data Analyst - Food & Beverage
We now have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and driven Analyst.
Reporting into the Director of Trading for Category Management, and working with the trading teams on Fresh, Frozen & Foodservice/ Grocery & Impulse the successful candidate will assist the trading team managing their category performance and providing structured weekly / monthly business analysis.
The successful candidate will drive the business through insightful commercial analysis and actionable reporting of performance, focusing on products and customers.
Key responsibilities include:
Daily / Weekly Performance Monitoring and Decision Support
- Develop and produce daily, weekly and monthly reports and analysis of sales and margin
- Provide ad hoc analysis to drive the business and support day-to-day decision making
- Support Category Management teams to develop category range and financial plans
- Monitor promotional performance and provide analysis to support and develop the on-going promotions and marketing strategy
- Develop analysis of channel, customer sales and spend to share with the category teams and influence customer-driven initiatives
- Help analyse regional trends and maintain cluster analysis
Cost Modelling/Analytics/Market Intelligence
- Identify and use appropriate external data sources to evaluate category performance within the market context
- Gather, analyse and present market intelligence within the category (e.g., new technologies, new suppliers, trends, costs, competitors pricing, promotional activity best practices, competitive performance)
- Drive cost modelling (e.g. Total Cost of Ownership / ‘Cost to Serve’) in support of category strategies. Link the updating of models, their storage and maintenance.
- Establish category KPI’s. Validate and report the benefits achieved from commercial initiatives and projects
- Post-season, recap and reassess SKU performance
- Support the development and monitoring of supplier collaboration and mutual goals
To take on this exciting opportunity you will be a highly organised individual with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload, combined with an advanced knowledge of Excel and be comfortable handling large volumes of data.
You’ll ideally have an understanding of the wholesale, retail or FMCG sector and be highly customer focused with strong commercial acumen.
You’ll have the knowledge and experience in using Business Intelligence tools combined with strong analytical and numerical skills and a keen eye to attention to detail.
At Bestway, we’re passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. So if you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, this is the role for you.
This role will be contracted to 40 hours per week in addition we offer an attractive benefits package including an excellent salary commensurate with experience, generous holiday entitlement, private healthcare and a contributory pension.