School Finance Assistant
School Finance Assistant, Brent (North-West London)
Your new School
A Secondary School based in Brent is recruiting a Finance Assistant to join the team, as soon as possible. It is a large school, with 900 pupils on roll and an additional 150 in the sixth form. The senior leadership is well structured and the Headteacher instils a strong ethos, committing to the high expectations and standards that the school achieves.
Your new role
As the Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the School Business Manager with all aspects of the development and effective operation of the finance function of the school
- Assisting the School Business Manager with operating and monitoring all school accounts and budgets, ensuring the safe receipt and handling of cash and the reconciliation of transactions
- Assisting the School Business Manager with all aspects of payroll and pension administration including monthly and annual returns
- Co-ordinating and completing administrative routines relating to orders, invoices, cheques, income, payroll and the receipt and distribution of goods and services
- Undertaking general office, reception and administrative duties as required
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be competent in the use of the School Information Management Systems (SIMS) and will ideally have school experience as a Finance Assistant.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to work at a highly reputable school in Brent. You will be offered an initial pay rate of £10-£14 per hour with the opportunity to be taken on as a permanent member of staff.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.