Lead Financial Accountant
The Lead Financial Accountant will be responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all financial reporting information for the Housing & Community Development business unit. Working closely with the Heads of Finance for Housing, Community Development, and Group, the successful applicant will provide leadership to direct reports and help drive the financial accounting agenda forwards through improved processes, systems, and controls.
The client, based in London, is one of the largest housing associations in the UK and is currently expanding through ambitious development schemes and major joint ventures. It is also considering mergers or acquisitions of other organisations in order to expand its existing operations.
As Lead Financial Accountant, main responsibilities will include:
- Develop strong working relationships with, and providing high quality financial accounting support to, the Heads of Finance for Housing and Community Development.
- Invest time in direct reports to motivate, foster a high performing team culture, support, and provide opportunities for development.
- Producing accurate and timely financial information on a monthly basis.
- Developing use of systems to automate reporting to improve quality, efficiency, and consistency across the Group.
- Preparing statutory accounts and lead successful year-end audit process for all Housing & Community Development entities.
- Support the development, implementation, and operation, of a financial statement control framework, including monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
The Lead Financial Accountant position entails the following responsibility's:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA or CIMA) with strong technical ability.
- Post qualified experience in either practice or financial accounting team within a large organisation.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop strong working relationship.
- Statutory Accounts experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets.
- Desire to drive improvements and achieve for best-in-class.