A Leading Multinational Outsourcing Provider is on the search for a User Researcher to be part of a brand new delivery hub in London. The User Researcher will know how to undertake user research and have an affinity for user challenges, and will help shape the culture. The User Researcher will undertake activities to ensure that products are created with user requirements right at the heart. During an engagement the suitable candidate will work as part of a multi disciplinary project team following direction, guidance and approach set by the Delivery Manager (Scrum Master) and the Business Analysis Lead.
User Researchers work to generate the feedback and insight digital delivery teams need to build a clear picture of their users and deliver solutions that they need. They will support clients by generating new and useful user insights and translating it into features and actions that will allow them to iteratively improve their digital service for users.
The incumbent should be experienced in using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. One will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence. The suitable candidate will need to be confident in explaining user needs to senior clients and stakeholders, and for acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team and the client at large. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
The User Researcher will be required to:?plan, design and conduct in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of client services?lead the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing?conduct in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)?work with clients to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material?work closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction?design, script and analyse ad-hoc quantitative surveys ?support ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping?Define personas and user journeys?apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment?present findings and related design / business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers?manage day-to-day operations with a range of usability and market research agencies with accountability for schedules, value for money and deliverables?promote user centred design principles and best practice.?Upskill and impart knowledge onto other members of the team to ensure user research is embedded into everything we do.
- Experience of working in implementing complex enterprise-level projects in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services
- Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web based services
- Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions
- Experience of audience modelling and developing design personas
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating and team building
- Strong Analytical, planning and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish / maintain high level of customers trust and confidence.
- Degree in HCI / Usability / Cognitive Psychology / Market Research or related field
- Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys
- Ability to support a progressive methodology to quality improvement
- Systems understanding - ability to reason about the system being built, what it is for and where its weak points could be
- Familiarity with the GDS Service Design Manual and GDS toolkits.
ApplyAll Applicants must have the right to legally remain and work in the United Kingdom. My Client is an Equal Opportunities employer who accepts applications from everyone so please feel free to apply.All suitable applicants will be notified accordingly as the Client is looking to interview immediately!