Line of Business Lead Professional Indemnity
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the Professional Indemnity Underwriting team in the Corporate Speciality Risks (CSR) department, based in London. We are actively recruiting for a Line of Business Lead for Professional Indemnity on a permanent basis.
As a Line Of Business Lead, you will be responsible for leading the underwriting team and underwriting profitable business within a specified area, operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels. You will actively pursue opportunities to grow the book of work through new business and renewals, in line with team and CSR targets. You will make day-to-day underwriting decisions regarding the acceptance and rating of risks within detailed guidelines and agreed authority limits. You will be required to provide technical support and assistance to customers, dealing with all queries in line with authority level and handle your own caseload, underwriting both new business and renewals. You will closely with the Financial Lines Portfolio Manager and other stakeholders in Aviva in setting down and implementing Underwriting and Trading strategy for this class. You would be expected to represent Aviva at various Professional and Technical Committees.
The Professional Indemnity London team work closely with their brokers and deal with them face to face. As the Line of Business Lead, you are in a high profile role and will have profit and loss responsibility for the account. The role requires strong technical knowledge, particular on wordings, performance analysis expertise, alongside providing strategic and tactical direction to Junior Underwriters in the team.
You’ll understand that working within our governance frameworks to make sure we’re risk compliant as an organisation is fundamental.
- Ability to lead a team of Specialist Underwriters
- Ability to interpret and draw conclusions from various Information sources including Profit and Loss and Actuarial Reports.
- Extensive knowledge of underwriting within relevant product line in a regulatory environment, following due process and within set authority limits.
- Detailed knowledge of underwriting processes and ability to translate knowledge and experience into recommendations and actions to effectively improve processes/procedures.
- Ability to analyse complex information and draw out the relevant facts.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Detailed knowledge of product range and supporting systems.
- Excellent business development/customer engagement skills in order to influence key contacts in the marketplace.
- Knowledge and ability to coach and guide less experienced underwriters in own team and wider teams.
- Familiarity with the relevant departmental and Aviva-wide policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of a range of standard computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office, email and ability to utilise same to enhance services.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Saima in the Resourcing team on 0121 779 1449.