Are you always looking to exceed your customer’s expectations with your culinary delights? Are you looking for working hours that don’t include late evenings and Christmas Day? Do you want to work in an amazing location? If so this role could be for you.
What it's like to work hereBirling Gap is part of the world famous Seven Sisters chalk cliffs, one of the longest stretches of undeveloped coastline on the south coast. Eroding at one metre per year, the sea creates unusual chalk platforms. With spectacular, unspoilt views of the sea, Birling Gap, the entry point for peaceful walks, features a cliff side visitor centre, shop and café.
Perched on the cliff top at Birling Gap the café and shop are a haven for great food, coffee and shopping. With every scone, sandwich or cuppa that's sold a little extra goes towards the National Trust's conservation work across the South Downs.What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you’ll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food. Working with local produce you'll always be looking for ways to minimise waste and control costs and resources. With your attention to detail you’ll ensure each dish is fresh, tasty and beautifully presented every time.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you’ll make sure the team is working effectively to deliver great results. You may also be required, on occasions to supervise volunteers.
You’ll help the catering team ensure our kitchens are presented to the highest standard and are compliant with all relevant legislation around food hygiene and COSHH.
The National Trust ethos will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, you’ll look to maximise sales with new ideas so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone to join our dedicated team to exceed our customer’s expectations with the delicious food we prepare and serve.You'll need to be;
- Passionate about food
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- A good team player
- Creative and proactive
- IT literate
- Experienced in delivering a centrally developed menu in a fast paced, catering environment
- Proud to deliver exceptional customer service
- Aware of good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking