A Building Supplies FTSE listed firm based in Wolverhampton, is seeking a Qualified Accountant to join their busy Finance team as Financial Controller. The Financial Controller will be paid a salary will be paid in the range of £55,000 to £60,000 + pension + private healthcare + 20% annual bonus.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will manage the Finance function and have responsibility for overseeing the month end reporting timetable, as well as creating an effective control environment within the business.
Responsibilities - Financial Controller
- Manage finance team which includes 2 management accountants, 2 sales ledger clerks, purchase ledger clerk, payroll clerk and admin assistant.
- Oversee month end reporting requirements ensuring completion in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including variance analysis to budget and forecast.
- Provide commentary for the figures and any variances to budgets and forecasts.
- Create an effective control environment with robust processes to link operational and financial systems.
- Reconcile and monitor stock within the business including monthly reporting, overseeing PI counts and full stock takes.
- Monitor capital expenditure against budget and forecast.
- Produce cash flow and monitor actual v forecast
- Complete VAT returns and other statutory returns.
- Complete statutory accounts and tax pack as part of year end processes.
- Point of contact with external auditors.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Support the day to day running of the accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009), working closely with the business systems team to improve and develop the system
- Attend meetings within the divisions and with finance
- Support the Finance Director as required with ad-hoc projects
Objectives - Financial Controller
- Develop a robust and timely reporting timetable.
- Review all financial systems and processes to ensure robust controls in line with group policies and procedures.
- Improve the financial information provided to management including introducing KPI reporting across the divisions
- Support and develop the finance team.
- To build excellent working relationships with all divisions of the business
Skills - Financial Controller
- Candidates will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified with strong academics and a proven track record of developing a finance function
- Experience of managing a finance team
- Experience of working in a multi-divisional environment
- Experience of developing and implementing financial and commercial controls
- Must have a track record of successfully working alongside a wide range of senior stakeholders
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong relationship building skills
To apply for the Commercial Finance Business Partner position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the relevant Recruitment Consultant. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.