APC / Graduate Quantity Surveyor (1-3 years' experience)
We are recruiting for a highly respected Construction Consultancy in Manchester. They currently have a vacancy for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor with 1-2+ years' PQS experience to join an existing team. The practice has wide ranging experience of all building project types
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a career minded professional QS to work for a PQS practice on exciting fast track projects for a variety of dynamic client organisation.
The role will involve:
- Providing predominately value management consultancy services at feasibility and pre contract stage and provide cost reporting during each construction phase.
- Working very closely with their clients appointed cost managers and their dedicated project management and delivery teams.
- Working on a range of projects with values from £5m to £50 and upwards in all areas of the building industry.
The candidate will be reporting to an Associate (or Senior QS) but will also have accountability to their client's team on a day to day basis. They must be able to work using their initiative to provide cost advice directly to the client.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in managing projects in excess of £1m+
- Have a QS degree and be part way through their APC
- Have a minimum of one year (post degree) quantity surveying/cost management experience within a PQS environment
- Have a pragmatic approach to projects with a commercial slant and will be looking for a challenge both technically and personally.
- Be looking for a role with problem solving challenges on a day to day basis and offer flexibility to the client.
- Be adaptable at building relationship and act as a team player.
Not only will you enjoy a wide range of projects working within this multi sector environment, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, flexible benefits and real career progression, training and development.