Mid Weight Web Designer
Mid-weight Web Designer
Farringdon – London
£30K - £35K
We have an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and talented Mid-weight Web Designer who possesses a high- level design experience to join our team at our office in Central London!
This is not your run-of-the-mill job. Average candidates must not apply. CV’s without portfolio and live website examples will not be reviewed.
You’ll get to tackle challenging problems for a diverse range of clients (health, beauty & travel industry) and get to own the project from research and conception through to detailed design and delivery.
As the Mid-weight, Web Designer, you will be responsible for the look, layout and features of websites and occasionally some print material. Furthermore, you will be working with the development team or managers to help with additions to the websites, keep sites up to date and prioritizing design needs.
Your duties will cover all aspects of creating a website
- Create beautiful and user-friendly website designs
- Meeting with clients to identify their needs and liaising regularly with them
- Designing sample page layouts, including font size & colours
- Designing websites’ visual imagery and; ensuring they are in line with company branding policy or client requirements
- Working on various web design projects including UI
- Quality assurance testing of all web projects
- Work closely with the development team for implementation & project management
- Continual professional development to keep up to date with new design developments.
- Handle some client communications in regards to design matters
- Provide accurate time estimates for design projects
To be considered you must qualify for the following:
- 3+ years’ experience of designing websites
- Have a strong creative side
- Adobe Photoshop (Advanced)
- Adobe illustrator & InDesign (Intermediate)
- Good understanding of UX
- A strong portfolio (with at least 3 website examples designed by you)
- Specialism in one or more of the following: illustration, web icons, logo, videos, animation)
- Takes ownership of own tasks
- Source for innovative ideas
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Responsive Design
- Experience with different CMS, such as WordPress, Magento, Drupal etc
All candidates are required to submit portfolio with live examples of work with their CV.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Friendly, informal, but professional environment
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- Great career prospects in a growing team
- Fantastic Central London location close to plenty of restaurants, pubs, bars and shops
- Plenty of benefits – free tea, coffee, pizza , Private roof terrace with BBQ , Company pension, One free visit to private GP , Client discounts and 22 days holidays plus bank holidays