We are looking for a technical and talented Commercial Director to work for a growing company who are market leaders in their field.
The business has both a huge potential and appetite to grow in a range of areas and the Commercial Director will be vital in delivering these ambitions.
The ideal candidate is likely to come from a Technical Key Account Management/Technical Commercial Director background and would have direct sales management experience and a proven sales track record as well as the ability to manage and expand a team to successfully deliver growth.
Reporting to the CEO and with two direct reports the principal duties will include:
- To manage your own portfolio of business consisting of existing key account customers and new business prospects. This is forming strong key reseller relationships as well as identifying and maximising new opportunities for the unparalleled products and services the company has refined and developed.
- To lead, manage and develop the office based UK Sales Manager, working with closely to evolve the Sales Team and develop structure and commercial discipline to deliver the Sales and Business Plan.
- Work with the CEO to develop and evolve the e-commerce/digital capability of the web business and to develop marketing collateral whilst identifying PR and Marketing opportunities to drive leads.
- Work closely with the International Sales Manager and act as an advisor and mentor to focus on and develop the huge global sales potential.
- Oversee and own the commercial activities of the business, acting as a number two as and when required - Finance and IT need input but not overall ownership.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A strongly minded, confident, self-starter with natural flair who is able to lead a tight team of similarly minded individuals.
- The ability to evidence a proven track record of successfully developing Key Accounts, whilst driving Operational success in a Commercial or Business to Business environment.
- Teambuilding and excellent people skills coupled with a performance related ‘can do’ approach is also necessary.
- Stakeholder engagement with Technical and Operations is key to achieving long term success, this area of the business is well established and high performing, therefore the key to this role is the successful interaction with this area.
- Highly commercial and experienced in both a domestic and international context. You must be a clear strategic thinker and capable of both selling the vision up to the board and down to the management and staff, as well as carrying it out to the market.
- Prior knowledge of some of the companies’ market segments is highly desirable but not essential.
- The corporate ethos is to delegate authority and responsibility once trust is established and to expect management to be accountable accordingly.
- Highly confident, articulate and driven to succeed.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to identify and address team training and development needs.
- Hands-on approach to take an active role in sales and servicing customer’s needs.
- Customer oriented and results focused, can-do attitude
- Proven track record of delivering results and driving a team to deliver results
- Understanding of and the ability to facilitate sales processes