A leading main contractor are looking to procure a Bid Manager to join their team in Hedgend near Southampton. Working across the residential, student accommodation, education, health care, care home and commercial sectors, projects typically will range in value from £5m - £15m across all new build and refurbishment schemes. They have an extremely healthy pipeline of work for 2017 & 2018 already secured so there is plenty of opportunity to progress within.
The region covers Wiltshire, Reading, Swansea, Bristol and Exeter and had a turnover of £60m in 2016. The Bid Manager position is due to growth within the team.
- Assemble a bid team with the relevant knowledge and skills to prepare a winning bid
- Follow the agreed bid management procedures and ensure they are implemented at each stage of the bid process
- Manage the bid qualification process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, ensuring they are fully briefed and understanding the client bid requirements/key deliverables and develop a win plan for each opportunity
- Attend feedback / debrief sessions with client on all bids.
- Manage the clarification process with the client including making sure the bid team are kept fully up to date with clarifications/document changes etc.
- Support teams to prepare for site visits and interviews including presentations and briefing on the team on the Bid Promises
- Ownership of the bid programme and process from inception through to submission and thereafter where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate tender queries/amendments, assessing impacts and advising the bid team.
The successful candidate will need to have experience working for a main contractor, ideally for 5 years minimum.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please click 'Apply Now' or email
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.