A leading main contractor are looking to procure a Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Hedgend near Southampton. Working across the residential, student accommodation, education, health care, care home and commercial sectors, projects typically will range in value from £5m - £15m across all new build and refurbishment schemes. They have an extremely healthy pipeline of work for 2017 & 2018 already secured so there is plenty of opportunity to progress within.
The region covers Hampshire, Dorset, Kent and Surrey and had a turnover of £60m in 2016. The Quantity Surveyor position is due to growth within the team.
- Analysis of tender allowances
- The measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings), for valuations, variations and final accounts.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
- Subcontract and Design Procurement
- Subcontract payments, variations and final accounts
- Submission of Cost Value Reconciliations
- Preparation of cost to complete
- Cash management and maximisation
- Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
- Provision of standard reports
- Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
The successful candidate will ideally possess minimum 5 years within main contracting and will have full understanding of working on Extra Care Schemes.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now' or email
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.